***Spoiler Alert - Not like I'm spoiling much for this awful movie but if you want to see it don't keep reading.***
It was more like the lyrics of a really bad Country Song!
Complete with lying, cheating and alcohol addiction. The main character was a troubled alcoholic country super star, who was having an affair with one of her opening acts - a guy she met in rehab who claimed to be her "sponsor" - right under her manager/husband's nose. Meanwhile the "sponsor" was also screwing (and supposedly falling in love) with the other newbie country singer who was another of the opening acts. After lots of drinking, cheating and crying the leading lady seemed to get better. She gave some sage advice about love and life to the two opening acts - who are now supposedly but unconvincingly "in love" with each other - went out and gave the best concert performance of her career; then she went backstage and OD'd on a bottle of vodka and a bunch of pills. Cut to a sad scene of a doctor shaking his head to her crying husband, crumpled on the floor. The End.
Oh wait, I think the "sponsor" and the newbie gave up fame for love and lived happily ever after. But for some reason I didn't really care.
WTF?!Through the whole movie you keep expecting the main character to get better and get her life back on track, thinking "OK this has got to be rock bottom, she's got to get better now".Talk about feeling duped. I spent two hours watching her life go down the toilet only for it to end in even more tragedy. I don't know what the point of the stupid movie was supposed to be, but it was very depressing. I'm just glad that I only spent $1.09 at Red Box.
Something Special
3 months ago
2 comments:
What? What a mess! Who made that movie? I'm glad to read this, because for a minute there I was thinking it might be decent/worth seeing. Now I know better!
Yeah it was seriously disappointing.
Post a Comment