Spent my day off today at the hospital. My mom is in the ICU on a ventilator.
This morning I was looking up movie times because my grandma and I had planned to go see a movie and enjoy the day. No such luck. At about 10:30am I received a text message that read "Your mom is in the ICU at the hospital and it doesnt look too good." from my step dad. When I called a choked up step dad answered and explained that they think she has some kind of virus in her system and she is on a ventilator. So grama and I loaded up and drove to the hospital, where we sat all day waiting for them to come and do a spinal tap to see if it is in her spinal fluid or her brain. She is being kept sedated due to the tube down her throat. Occasionally she wakes up a bit and tries to fight the tube. At this point we still arent sure what the heck is going on or what is wrong with her. But whatever it is it isnt looking good.
Just called the hosptal for an update and aparently her blood is still too thin to do the spinal tap. She'll need more units of plasma to raise her numbers before they will do the test.
At least on a brighter note I talked to Kansas today. My brother said little Faye is still doing really well. She is weighing at over 3lbs and is looking at about another 6 weeks in the hospital and then she can go home. I have another pic I have to get from my phone to the computer. I'll post it when I can. She is really starting to look like a normal baby, a real cutie!
Anyway, hopefully I can get a good nights sleep tonight because I have a feeling the coming days are going to be very long.
Something Special
3 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment