Sunday, March 7, 2010

Block Wall

Construction on the new block wall that will separate my back yard from my neighbors, (and our dogs from theirs) began yesterday at 7am. The guys had the old chain link ripped down in an hour and began to dig the foundation. They worked for several hours to get it dug just right.
Once they had lunch they began to pour the foundation. The sky had been threatening to rain all day. The news only forecast a tenth of an inch so we weren't too worried about it. Once the concrete had been poured they placed the first layer of block down. They said that once they did this that the rain wouldn't effect anything. Unfortunately half way through the sky opened up and it poured rain for about 30 minutes straight. The guys were really good though they scrambled to put down some tarps over the remaining exposed concrete and then stood back under the patio and watched the deluge. I was panicking I didn't want the rain to ruin anything as I can not afford to have to replace any of the materials. But they calmly assured me that it would be fine.
Once the rain stopped they resumed work and had the first row and part of the second up by the end of the day. They returned this morning at 8am as promised. Today they are working to build up the wall. They are making great progress and assure me they will be done tomorrow! A day ahead of schedule! I really is looking great and it will really be worth it once they are finished.
In the mean time Sadie and Bella have been enjoying some extra house time. I have been taking them out for regular potty breaks and a 10-30 minute walk every hour and a half to two hours. Poor Bella is struggling with another bout of diarrhea though. At first I thought this was due to the stress of being inside and having the extra voices and noises out side. But now I'm beginning to wonder if it has anything to do with the compressed raw hide bones that I usually give the girls when they are stuck inside for any extended time period. It seems like every time she's couped up all day she gets the runs. I'm going to fast her tonight to give her insides a rest and I am completely cutting her off of the bones to see if that makes any kind of a difference. I may have to start limiting her to nyla bones or bully sticks (she's had those before and I never noticed any problems with them). If it doesn't subside in another day I will have to take her in to the vet for a check up. She may need some meds and a bland diet to help settle her stomach. She is drinking and eating ok and she is showing no signs of lethargy or anything so I'm sure that it's nothing serious. Still I'm keeping a close eye on her and if anything changes hi ho hi ho off to the vet we go!
Anyway I've taken pictures as the wall goes up so I'll post some once they are done. I cant wait for it to be over and done with and to finally have the peace and quiet with the dogs.

No comments: