Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wall Progress

Days three and four of the wall construction were fairly uneventful. The weather cooperated for the rest of construction, no more rain or anything. The guys had all of the block set by Monday night. Tuesday one guy came back to finish filling in the cement and put the finishing touches on it. Aside from him being two hours late and dragging his feet all day because the boss man wasn’t around it went fine. As long as he had it done by the end of the day I decided it wasn’t worth getting worked up about. I wasn’t the one paying him. Ren did call his boss though and informed him about what the guy was doing (or not doing) all day.

The wall was completed around 2pm yesterday. I spend the remainder of the afternoon cleaning up the disaster zone that had once been my back yard. There was tree branches that had to be cut out of the way, remnants of the old fence, dirt and other debris that needed to be cleared out before the dogs could safely go back into their yard. Since I had to be back at work today I didn’t have time to wait for anyone to help so I put on some work gloves, turned on the radio and got to work. I spent a good three to four hours out there cleaning, chopping branches and shoveling dirt. I had to level the dirt out that was next to the wall it had been build up a few extra inches, I needed it to be knocked down for fear of the extra inches giving Sadie the height to get over the wall if she had a mind to. I’m paying dearly for it today as I can hardly move my arms and my back is killing me but it turned out great. I’m pretty proud of myself for just getting it done and making it look so nice. Now if I can just get some grass growing out there my back yard will be transformed! I’ll post pictures as soon as the friend I loaned my camera cord to returns it.

Bella is doing great by the way. I think the lack of rawhide, the 24 hour fast and the bland chicken and rice diet cleared up her stomach issues. I’m going to have to invest in some nyla bones or something other than the rawhide in the future. She and Sadie spend the afternoon out back yesterday enjoying some sun shine and chasing the shadows of the flying birds. They seemed very happy to have their yard back. Though I had expected some kind of a "what the heck is that?" reaction out of them towards the wall. Neither paid any attention to it though. I guess that's a good sign. As long as they dont get curious about whats on the other side and decide to go over it I'll be in good shape.

Now I just need to figure out what kind of vine to plant along the wall.

No comments: