My eldest brother and his girlfriend have been talking to me about acquiring a new dog. We had discussed at great lengths, and made several trips to local animal shelters.
Despite my best efforts they ended up going to some "back yard breeder" and purchased an 8 week old Chihuahua puppy.

She's really cute but already it sounds as if she's got some issues. First of all the "breeder" was feeding her Pedigree, which is in my opinion crap food, and she's got a pretty bad case of worms.
I told them to take her to the vet ASAP for a deworming and vaccinations (which she has also not yet had). I have them some advice on crate & potty training and wished them the best of luck. I fear that this is going to be more work than they bargained for. I just hope the pup doesn't end up being the one who suffers for it.
2 comments:
Oh, yay.
So far so good I guess. They did listen to me about taking her to the vet at least. She checked out ok and got a dose of dewormer. She's going to get her first vaccinations tomorrow.
Post a Comment