Monday, July 26, 2010

I'll never get used to THAT

It breaks my heart and is sad enough to see dogs or other small animals dead on the side of the road, but a HORSE!?

This morning on my way to work as I passed through the low-income, mostly hispanic residential neighborhoods, I came across a dead horse lying on the side of the road like a piece of garbage left to be picked up by the trash trucks. I didn't want to look close enough to see if it had been hit by a car or just dragged out there by an owner, but I didn't see any cars around or skid marks. If any vehicle had hit it there would have been some major damage (I know, sadly I've seen that happen too).

I'm sure that someone would have to come get it to dispose of it, but I don't understand why they would just leave the poor thing out there on the side of the road for all to see! The shocking image will be ingrained in my brain for a long time to come.

Anyway, needless to say that was NOT how I wanted to start my day today.

1 comment:

Jen said...

WHAT?! Whoa!