Monday, August 2, 2010

Man, I'm gonna need a bigger house!

So we decided to have a birthday party for hubby and I later this month; it's easier to just do one since our birthdays are only 6 days apart. Normally we just do a little gathering with family and a few friends.

This year the girlfriend of one my brothers, got a brilliant idea and said "you should have a Mexican fiesta". Somehow that turned into a Mexican food potluck. Good idea, I like Mexican food and a potluck is always easier since everyone brings something.

Another friend said "you should get a margarita machine". I thought it was a neat idea until I found out they run $150 + for a 24hour rental. Definitely outa my budget. But then, a friend of hubby's decided that would be his contribution to the party. Alright, cool, I like margaritas.

Then my other brother decided to hire his friends dad to make carne asada tacos for everyone. Great, I love his tacos.

But somehow in the midst of all of these great ideas the guest list kept growing and growing. Now I have to find space to accommodate 40+ people, a margartia machine, a taco man and the food and drinks that everyone else is bringing! Oh and don't forget the 15 kids that could potentially show up. WTF am I going to do with 15 kids?!

My 900 square foot house is way to small for this shit! Its difficult enough to squeeze 10 people into my living/dining room area! My hope is that, despite it being the middle of August, the weather will cooperate, and between having the party start later in the afternoon (when we normally get a breeze outside) and getting a set of misters to hang on the eaves of my front porch, I can squeeze everyone in my front yard instead.

Now, hubby keeps whining about wanting a keg at the party. No way in hell! That many people plus that much alcohol! No friggin' thank you! The dang margarita machine will be plenty.

I just hope my house, my dogs and myself call all survive!

Someone, please, next year if I mention a party - smack me upside the head!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Geez, a margarita machine and he's whining about wanting a keg? Why can't he just be happy? It sounds like a great party to me!