Monday, August 16, 2010

We Survived!

Overall I think the party went well. Every one seemed to enjoy themselves. The Margarita machine and "Taco Man" were well received.

The weather even cooperated. It was a bit on the warm side at first but the misters we put up on the edge of the EZ up really helped until the breeze kicked up and cooled us off for the remainder of the evening.

MIL, SIL and BIL all showed up but were quite well behaved. No niece and no creepy friends.

The dogs also did quite well. The girls spent the morning out back like usual, but when people started to arrive I put them in the house on their beds with chew bones and they were quite content. Even Stimpy got to enjoy a bone for a little while (I figure once in a great while it cant hurt him too much). Late in the evening after about half the people left I brought everyone out on a leash to sit and socialize with the rest of the crowd. Sunday morning Bella was a bit hesitant to come and go out of the house, still looking for everyone, but overall she didn't seem too stressed at any given time.

I was a bit bummed because several people who promised to be there, didn't show for whatever reason so we ended up with tons of left-overs. But I am grateful that too many leftovers is the worst thing that happened.

We didn't even end up with much of a mess to clean up the next day! A few dishes, wipe the counters and Ren did have to hose out the garage floor (due to sticky margarita residue) but I was quite relieved.

Now that I think about it, this may have been the best party we've done yet!