This is going to get confusing so lets establish the characters in this long story: DH (my drunk ass husband), Big Jr (relative of neighbor), Little Jr (gang-banger kid that lives next door), "J" (a supposed friend of DH) and "A" (other neighbor - also a supposed friend - the kid who gave me Bella last year).
Saturday started off fine. Bella had her re-check on her ears and her infection had cleared up. That afternoon we were invited to a BBQ in the park with some friends of "J". It's some annual thing that he and his car buddies do. Initially DH, myself, Sadie, Bella and "A" drove out there. But after about an hour in a half of roasting even in the shade the girls and I were done and ready to go home. The boys were hanging out drinking and didn't want to leave. DH assured me that he would find a sober driver to bring them home later on that day. For some stupid reason I believed him so I packed up the girls in the truck and headed for home.
I figured that he was an adult and knew enough to get a sober ride home. Wrong.
Later that evening around 7pm "J" drove DH and "A" home from this BBQ, despite the fact that they had all been drinking heavily. They were all so wasted I have no clue how they made it home in one piece, the park was about a 20-30 minute drive away!
As if this weren't enough to get my blood boiling... When I heard them pull but didn't come in the house right away I knew something was up. I went out side and what did I see? My drunk ass husband in the middle of the street squaring off with Big Jr. Apparently when they pulled up Big Jr (who had also been drinking, and according to his family is not right in the head due to years of heavy drug use) made some belligerent ass comment about "J" (I was later told that they have a past history of fighting). DH decided to get involved and approached Big Jr and asked him what his problem was (I'm sure in an equally belligerent manner). They took a few swings at each other before I made it down there to attempt to wrangle DH home. Meanwhile "J" and "A" who were supposed to be friends were egging it on "Kick his ass, get him". I looked at each of them and told them both to shut their effing mouths or I would shut it for them. Eventually I managed to get DH back into our driveway myself. Shaking and furious I watched as Big Jr walked down the street. I had thought it was over so I left DH in our driveway and went in the house to attempt to control myself and cool off.
Wrong again.
I heard our gate open again so I took off outside and once again found DH and Big Jr brawling in the street again. Once again his "friends" were cheering him on and of all people Little Jr was the one to go with me to help get DH back under control and in our yard. Once in our yard it took me threatening to pack my shit and leave to get DH to go in the friggin house. It took another minute but he did, so I told his "friends" to leave and went inside. Both of us now fuming mad, I knew there was no reasoning with him in his drunken angered state so It was all I could to to try to calm myself enough so that I could diffuse him and get him in bed to sleep it off.
But I planned to ream his ass when he awoke the next morning.
Finally at about 10pm I got him into bed and he passed out. I spent a sleepless night watching out my front door, as I had no idea if Big Jr was the type to go get friends and come back for more, or if my cars and house were safe. Several times I heard another neighbors dog barking but each time I checked out the windows I saw nothing.
The next morning we found out the drama didn't end when we went inside, thus the other dog barking. Apparently somewhere around 3am, (up the street and out of my view) Big Jr wouldn't leave or let it go so Little Jr, "J" and "A" all ganged up on Big Jr and beat the crap out of him. Somewhere in there someone brought out a knife, there has been different stories about who brought the knife out and who all was cut with it but for sure a few tires at each house were slashed. According to Big Jr's sister the others beat up Big Jr pretty good. DH apologized to Big Jr's family for his involvement in the first altercation, that it was just two drunk idiots running their mouths, but he explained that I made his ass go to bed and he had no idea about what happened later. Thankfully, she seemed to accept that. But she did say she had called the cops and they are now supposedly conducting an investigation into the later events of the evening.
There is no doubt in my mind that if I hadn't made DH go to bed he would have been involved in all of the later activity and would have wound up in a jail cell at some point in time.
Now I feel like an angry parent, banning his little "friends" from coming to the house. I told him I don't want "J" or "A" anywhere near our property, first of all I'm beyond pissed that they were encouraging the fight rather than trying to stop it and second if they did stay out there and beat the shit out of Big Jr, I don't need or want that kind of trouble around my house either. I'm still shocked as shit that Little Jr was the one to help me the second time. I guess it was possibly because of DH helping his mom last weekend (see the door mat post).
DH maintains that he never intended to fight the guy, and that he never swung at him. DH is now sporting a very nice black eye for his "efforts". I don't care what the intentions were or weather or not he swung at the guy. Point is, it wasn't his fight in the first place and he had no effing business getting involved.
I'm still very pissed at DH. This is the third time I've had to stop his drunk ass from trying to fight someone. Granted the first two times was my equally drunk ass brother who used to live with us, but still that is three times too many. He needs to quit his damn drinking and get some counseling for anger management and possibly even substance abuse. Something has to change. I don't deserve this kind of crap. Nor do my neighbors.
Something Special
3 months ago
2 comments:
Oh, GAWD.
Alcohol makes such "courageous" "men" out of stupid boys.
Yeah it does.
Post a Comment