Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Why do some people bother to have dogs?

Got new neighbors down the street. They have now been there for about two weeks. A few days ago I noticed a cute little brown and white pittie in the front yard. Then a day later I saw a teeny boxer pup. The pup cant be more than 3 months old.

Yesterday I noticed that BOTH were tied up to large chains in the front yard! What the hell? The yard is completely enclosed by a 6 foot chain link fence, it is beyond me why they have the poor dogs tied up! The guy that used to live there had a Dalmatian and an American Bull dog, neither ever got out of the yard, the fence is secure.

Today when I drove by there didn't seem to be any water buckets out there and it's 97 degrees outside! Part of the yard gets shade but there aren't any houses, and CA law says that you cant tie a dog for more than 3 hours at a time unless they are on a "trolley" system that will allow the dog movement along the line.

I am fed up with people treating their animals like shit, it's ridiculous and completely unnecessary. I called animal control. I truly hope they get off of their butts and come out to investigate. Let these stinking people know that there are others watching them and that this wont be tolerated. They are only renters so maybe they'll get fed up and move. But at least I can feel better knowing that I tried to do something for the poor dogs.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I think you could definitely alert the proper authorities in this instance. ;)