Faye Elizabeth was born (prematurely) on December 30, 2008 in the early morning hours. She was 1lb 12oz. I'm told that she is doing quite well considering the circumstances of her very early arrival (approximately 13 weeks early). My brothers girlfriend woke up in the wee early morning hours screaming that her water had just broke. My brother called 9-1-1 but due to the fact that they live in the boonies in the middle of Kansas, the paramedics did not arrive until after he had delivered his own teeny little daughter.
She has been breathing on her own from birth and is improving every day. She has gained about 4-5oz in weight since birth. The dr's say that the first few weeks are critical and that if she keeps improving the way she is she has a pretty good chance of survival. I've been sent a PIX message on my phone with her photo. I'll post one as soon as I can get it onto the computer. She looks like a little alien!
Poor kid she was going to have a rough enough time with the parents that she has, now she has to get through this too!
Something Special
3 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment