Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Stimpy

Sunday morning I took Stimpy down for another recheck on his u/a to see how he's doing on his diet, if it's working to prevent the stone build up again. It was a pretty quick in and out visit for them to draw a urine sample. Last night the vet left me a voice mail with the results. He said the test came back really good. The Ph levels in the urine are the best he's seen them in Stimpy. He still wants to do an ultrasound this month and then at the end of the month repeat the u/a. But I cant afford to to both so soon. We'll just have to wait about another month to do the ultrasound and then at least another month after to repeat the u/a.

I really feel that the last set of stones he had was from his time of being on the old food, the Science Diet. Many times on that food he'd have tests come back positive for "crystals", but the two test's he's had since being switched to the Royal Canin diet he's had clean tests with no sign of crystal formation. I'll be crossing my fingers that future tests come back with these same "no Crystal" results and then the ultrasounds wont be needed, nor will further surgeries be needed.

No comments: