Thursday, April 22, 2010

Rained Out for the Second Time This Week!

Yep. Class was rained out again last night. At about 5:30pm Trainer Guy called and said that he didn't want to take a chance that things would clear up by class time. And since everything was wet, he also didn't want to take the chance that someone could slip on the equipment. It's fine 'cause even when it wasn't raining, the air was really cold last night. We'd have frozen our tails off if we had to have gone.

Rain or no, at least I did get some practice in last night. My tunnel arrived via UPS yesterday! I was able to stretch it out in my hallway and had fun with the dogs, taking turns getting them to go through it. Again Sadie is a pro! She seems to remember so much from her class 4 years ago! I can tell her "tunnel" and point in the right direction and she shoots through! Once again she showed her little sister how it's done. Bella was pretty freaked out by it at first, she is still not 100 % sure what to think of it. I have to help her, or rather shove her from behind, to get her to go through. Once she gets started though she has no problem.

The tunnel is small enough I'm going to leave it up in my hallway for a while, to practice. The new rule is that anytime we go down the hall, they have to go through the tunnel.

I also have to think about implementing something to where Bella watches me or comes to me immediately after going through so we can hopefully avoid a repeat of last weeks "incident". But I have to be careful about what I teach her to do, as I don't want to create a bad habit once we actually get into an agility ring.

No comments: