Thursday, October 20, 2011

Fragile

DH's boss' wife has been diagnosed for stage 4 cancer. Apparently she underwent treatment before that put it in remission for a short time but it has returned with a vengeance. I don't know what exact kind it is, but I know that the fact it is stage 4 and that it has come back so rapidly is not a good sign.

This morning I read a story about a woman who was told she could never have children. Not long after she miraculously conceived a child, she found out that she had also developed an aggressive form of head and neck cancer. She refused treatment to save the life of her unborn child. She carried the baby as long as she could until her body gave out, they delivered her 10 week premature baby via c-section. The woman died three days later.

Sometimes it is so easy to forget how fragile life really is and to take things for granted.

No comments: