Thursday, November 6, 2008

Christmas just got smaller!

$500 for car repairs... $200-$600 to repair water pipes on house that have been leaking and are now getting worse... Stimpy... priceless.

Stimpy had a re check on for his bladder stone issue last weekend on Saturday. The vet called last night with the results. After about a year and a half of no problems, last night he said that there are now some "crystals" forming in his urine again. This crystal formation leads to the build up of stones. At this point we arent sure how bad it is again. He wants to repeat the test in the middle of the day this time. He is hoping that the last test was positive because it was done first thing in the morning, so there is a possibility that he could be forming crystals over night but then in the morning getting them all out of his system when he goes potty. If the mid-day test still shows crystals then we will likely have to move to x-rays to be sure that there isnt any large stones forming. I'm not sure what we'll do after that. I do admit though that we have been a little lax lately on his diet. He has been getting extra treats now and again, especially the past few days when I was trying to get him used to the new nail grinder that I just bought him. He now has to go back to the very strict Rx Kibble only diet.

I'm not even going to ask "what's next?" at this point, because honestly. I dont want to know.

No comments: