A little over a year ago I stumbled across this website:
http://www.wolf.org/wolves/experience/meet/AmbassadorWolves.asp
Ever since I have been following (most every week) the lives of the Ambassador Wolves of the International Wolf Center (they are based out of Minnesota). I have read about the main exhibit pack, Shadow, Malik, Maya and Grizzer and since late April I've watched their newest pups, Aidan and Denali grow, mature and find their places in the pack. Its been great to read about their weekly interactions and behavior. I fee like they have taught me a lot. Lately I've been a little behind in my reading so I just saw that they lost their remaining senior wolf Lakota.
http://www.wolf.org/wolves/experience/meet/wolflogs/WolfLogPage.asp?Wolfid=8
When reading about the wolves each week I especially loved to read about her continuing orneriness and exuberance despite being over 15 years old. I know I've never met these wolves and they are only a distant pack of wild animals. But as corny as it sounds I feel like I know them. It brought just a small tear to my eye today when I read of her passing. I'm sure it's silly to have such an attachment to something so far away. But I felt like I needed to say a little bit to honor the memory of her. Rest In Peace Lakota. You served your purpose as an ambassador well, as you have touched my heart.
Something Special
3 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment