I went home for my lunch break today, as usual, and checked the mail. My heart started beating a bit faster when I saw the envelope from the loan company. I've been expecting to hear from them on the status of the loan modification and was anxious about what was inside the envelope.
I was a little shocked when I opened it to find a statement stating that I owe over $3700 on March 1st. I do realize that if the modification were not approved I would be expected to pay back the difference that I've been 'short paying' every month (about $300) so I know that I would have fairly large payment due at the end of this mess - if it isn't approved. However what concerned me was the due date. After all according to my initial letter outlining the terms of the trial period, I have one more trial period payment to make on March 1.
I did send in all of the information last week, as the requested. I began to wonder if this statement meant that the modification wasn't approved. But there was no letter with it, nothing actually stating that it was denied.
I got on the phone and sat on hold for a good 30 minutes waiting to speak to someone from the loan company. I just wanted to know what this stupid statement meant; was my mod denied? Or was it sent in error?
Finally the customer service rep got on the phone. She began by asking to verify all of my contact information. I verified what I wanted them to have and told them certain numbers were no good anymore (in case my mod was denied and I do stop paying I don't want them harassing me at work). Once she finished giving me the 3rd degree about my info I was able to explain the reason for my call. She told me that the statement is automatically generated by the computer, that I should disregard it and pay my final trail period payment as per my original letter. Several times I asked if the reason for the statement was that the mod was denied and she said "no there is nothing noted in the computer that it has been denied".
So, I guess it was a false alarm. I'll pay my final trial payment for March and continue to play the waiting game.
Something Special
3 months ago
1 comment:
Well, she sure was helpful- not!
Post a Comment