Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Wanna play repeat?

Day 27: Your worst habit

One of my worst habits is the tendency to repeat myself. I'm not sure why I do this, maybe it's some inner insecurity about being heard? If I'm not careful I'll say the same thing in a conversation three, four or sometimes more times, without realizing it unless I start thinking back on the conversation after it's over. It's hard for me to catch myself as I'm doing it. If people that I speak to catch it I'm sure they find it somewhat annoying.

This is one of the reasons I prefer to communicate via email or in writing. It allows me to stop and think about what I'm saying before I say it and gives me an opportunity to edit as I go.

2 comments:

Jen said...

:) I didn't know this about you!

But thank you for providing some clarity as to why other people whom I know do this. I'm always kind and dismiss such things, but sometimes I wonder how it happens.

Crystal said...

LOL that's 'cause we always "talk" in text. :)