I've decided to try again to introduce Sadie to the treadmill. Yesterday I spent a few minutes treating her for just putting her two front feet up onto the base. Today we spent a few minutes treating for all four feet being on the base then we worked on getting onto and off of the treadmill. She's starting to get better about this. After a few try's she quit trying balk at getting on and quit trying to plow me over to get off. I think if I just keep taking it slowly she'll be running like a pro in no time.
My main focus with Bella has been her "stand" command. After getting some great tips from a friend yesterday we worked for a while last night and then a while this evening on it. Lo and behold she now stands pretty consistently! It's like the light bulb just went on. I've just got to keep it up with her and keep reinforcing it so she doesn't forget what it means to "stand"! She's become a fast pro at the "front" command and now we are working on "back" to move her self backwards and "side" to move her feet and go from side to side freely. We also did some really nice heel work on her regular flat collar. Now if only we can do that in class this Tuesday...
Something Special
3 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment